Saturday, June 23, 2012

Grandma Gusta

Oh my goodness, I got so wrapped up in researching my family tree that I have forgotten all about blogging!
It was exciting to find tons of information about my very mysterious Grandmother Augusta. My father's mother.  I had only really seen her in pictures as an old woman.  Uncovering a young "Gusta" was so much fun because not only do I look like her, but her family is the one that is traceable back to the late 1400's in the USA.  All of my other ancestors immigrated to the US in the 1800's. It's inspiring to learn about their journey here and how much they must have sacrificed and struggled to start a new life.  I've also had the pleasure of meeting 2 new cousins on my mother's side and I think I have tons more to discover.  Here is a fabulous picture of "Gusta".  My she was an immaculate dresser! A true Southern lady.  Isn't her hair fabulous?

 My computer has been freezing up since last October.  FINALLY Dell gave me a new motherboard and YAY! my computer works.  IT IS SO NICE to have a healthy computer again.  June 1st I had a cataract removed and I am walking around stunningly BLIND waiting for the eye to heal so I can get a new eye glass prescription.  It's very hard to be patient when your vision is messed up.  I feel so fortunate to live in an age when vision can be repaired and altered with glasses!  3 more weeks - Life is Good :)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment